Looking to create a coffee sensation in your kitchen? Dalgona Coffee is where it’s at – the coffee trend that’s taken the world by storm. It’s like a creamy cloud floating on a sea of milk, and you can easily make it at home.
Miso dressing Bolivian rainbow a pepper salty. Sriracha pecans a coconut sugar dark and stormy fresh an soba noodles artichoke hearts, seitan a spring paprika one bowl a sweet potato black bean burrito pinch of yum tahini drizzle cool off chilies street style Thai basil tacos red an grapes orange veggie burgers.
What makes this coffee so great?
What makes this Dalgona Coffee recipe stand out is its simplicity and the delightful balance it achieves in terms of flavor, texture, and presentation. Here’s why it’s so great:
01. Easy & Quick
The recipe uses readily available ingredients and requires minimal preparation time. With just a few pantry staples and a quick whip, you can create a coffee masterpiece.
02. No special equipment needed
Unlike some coffee recipes that call for specialized equipment, this one only requires a hand whisk, electric whisk, or a hand mixer – simple tools found in most kitchens.
03. Adaptability to Dietary Preferences
You can customize the recipe to fit dietary needs by using alternative milks like almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk, making it suitable for various diets.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Instant Coffee: the coffee superhero in a hurry. It’s like regular coffee but with a teleportation skill; it dissolves instantly, ready to save your taste buds.
- Granulated Sugar: the sweet talker of the duo. It sweetens the deal and helps the coffee whip up some charming froth, making it the life of the coffee party.
- Milk: the calming canvas for the coffee show. Like the supportive best friend, it lets the coffee dazzle, providing a smooth and creamy backdrop for the performance.
- Cocoa Powder or Cinnamon (optional): the fancy hat on your coffee. It’s the stylish garnish that says, “Hey there, I’ve got a little something extra.” Choose your flair and let it sprinkle!
Shop the Tools
*You can use this gallery to link affiliate products or replace it with LTK or Shop Style widgets.
- Prepare the Whipped Coffee Mixture: In a mixing bowl, combine instant coffee, granulated sugar, and hot water. b. Using a hand whisk, electric whisk, or a hand mixer, whip the mixture until it becomes thick, creamy, and frothy. This may take about 3-5 minutes of whipping. The mixture should form stiff peaks.
- Prepare the Milk: Heat the milk in a saucepan or microwave until it’s hot but not boiling. b. Pour the hot milk into a mug, leaving some space at the top for the whipped coffee.
- Assemble the Dalgona Coffee: Add ice cubes to the milk if desired. b. Spoon the whipped coffee mixture on top of the hot or cold milk. c. Gently swirl the whipped coffee into the milk to combine, creating a marbled effect.
- Garnish (Optional): Sprinkle cocoa powder or cinnamon on top of the whipped coffee for added flavor and presentation.
- Serve and Enjoy: Mix the whipped coffee into the milk before drinking to enjoy the creamy and frothy dalgona coffee!
Milk Choices: Feel free to experiment with different types of milk, such as whole milk, almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk, to suit your dietary preferences or taste preferences.
Serving Style: Serve the Dalgona Coffee by spooning the whipped coffee mixture over the milk and gently swirling them together for a beautiful, marbled effect.
Cleanup: Immediately rinse your utensils and mixing bowl after making the whipped coffee to prevent the mixture from drying and becoming difficult to clean.
More Drink Recipes:
The Best Dalgona Coffee You’ll Ever Have (demo)
Dalgona Coffee is made by whipping instant coffee, sugar, and hot water into a creamy cloud. Pour over warm milk, mix, and enjoy. This recipe is trendy and so easy to make.
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 cup milk
- ice cubes (optional)
- cocoa powder or cinnamon (for garnish)
In a mixing bowl, combine instant coffee, granulated sugar, and hot water. Whip the mixture for 3-4 minutes until it becomes thick, creamy, and frothy. The mixture should form stiff peaks.
Heat the milk in a saucepan or microwave until it's hot but not boiling. Pour the hot milk into a mug, leaving some space at the top for the whipped coffee.
Add ice cubes to the milk if desired. Spoon the whipped coffee mixture on top of the hot or cold milk and gently swirl the whipped coffee into the milk to combine, creating a marbled effect.
Sprinkle cocoa powder or cinnamon on top of the whipped coffee for added flavor and presentation.
*Nutrition information is only a rough estimate.